- It operated year-round, summer and winter.
- It was built and operated first by Earl Sherman, then purchased and run by the Benner family.
- Customers could get hamburgers and hot drinks, and fish through the ice for perch.
- The Benners also managed an ice shanty village set up around the Ark.
- The Ark was shut down in 1963 after it nearly washed into Lake Michigan during a big storm, and due to the crash of the perch fishery from the lamprey eel.
Read more here, where I wrote about it for the White Lake Beacon in the winter of 2013.
What do you know about the Ark?